Wednesday 30 January 2013

Fleamarket from back to front and back again

I always start with pen from the top down

but then stop and work from the front back
My method for penning in all the lines, is trying to think in layers. I begin at the top and work my way down, then when I get to a complicated bit, I start from the bottom and work up. Now I can see how much room I have outside the flea market for all the odd bits and pieces for sale. I usually draw what is going on behind the windows and doors, last of all. Usually after I have begun painting, otherwise it can all get a bit confusing!
I love dragging a wash of one colour across a detailed area such as the cobbled street. You could really only do it with watercolour!

2 comments:

  1. It looks brilliant- can't wait to see the treasures you put in the windows :)
    xx
    P.S. I know this is beyond narcissistic, but I keep looking out for a person who looks like me in one of your paintings, so I can pretend it is :p Do you make up all of the people in your artwork?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes thats you buying a cupboard to paint. you can be dressed in retro spots and red shoes! Also couple on right wanted to be in a painting...having trouble with him though...cant get his face right!!

      Delete